Alright. I have been there. I was trying to cook eggs for an early morning breakfast before leaving for work and ruining them. It just ruins the day because of the bad start. But don’t let this happen to you!
Egg boilers have been around for a while now, and you can buy them online to make sure you get well-cooked eggs every time. But with the number of options to choose from, how do you decide? Is there even a ‘best egg boiler‘ for you? Let’s try and find out.
Before you go out on any online shopping site and buy the most recommended product or one with the best ratings/reviews, here’s the thing: Not all egg boilers are made equal; the needs of everyone can be drastically different.
So, we have formulated a list of things you should look out for before deciding what is the best egg boiler for you and go from there.
How to Choose the Best Egg Boiler for You
Every egg boiler on the market has a capacity of eggs it can cook at a time. Depending on your family size or how many eggs you want to cook at once, you can choose what suits your budget and fits your needs well. Besides, the larger the capacity, the more power the boiler requires for operation. Hence the intelligent decision will be to get a boiler that fits the needs and has just a little headroom for occasional extra needs.
Some of the egg boilers on the market operate on electricity. They do not need an oven or a gas stove to boil the eggs. Likewise, you can put some boilers inside a cooker, steamer, gas stove, or microwave oven. The type you can choose depends on your use case and if you need that extra flexibility not to engage another appliance while cooking the eggs.
When you are in a hurry in the morning, trying to get everything done just in time to leave, you would not like an egg boiler that needs extra care for handling. So, you can see a glass boiler as not a worthy alternative in this case. However, glass boilers have their advantages and can prove better in some cases. That is true, especially when compared to plastic egg boilers, because of the threat of leaching of chemicals by the plastic at high temperatures.
The price of the egg boiler for the features or the convenience it offers is another thing to look out for when deciding what’s the best egg boiler for you among the different alternatives. You should consider if you seriously need that one extra feature that would increase the cost of the egg boiler and if it’s worth it or not.
The time required for cooking the eggs
As you can understand, this is related to your particular use case, and the requirement differs from individual to individual. The egg boiler that boils the eggs fastest may not always be the best if you do not have tight time constraints. Instead, you can better invest the same money in another feature that you can find helpful.
Ease of use
If you are looking for an egg boiler in the first place, you are looking to enhance the convenience of boiling the eggs. You might as well want to get rid of the hassles while cooking the eggs. Hence, if a particular egg boiler has some attractive features but does not make your work easier in practice, you should look for something else.
Best Egg Boilers on Amazon
Now that you know what to look for, here is a curated list of the top 10 Egg Boilers on Amazon that I think are worthy of your consideration.
Elite Gourmet EGC-007G Rapid Egg Cooker
Elite Gourmet EGC-007G Rapid Egg Cooker is easily one of the safest and most feature-rich egg boilers available to purchase right now.
- Available in many colors
- Safety alarm when the eggs finish cooking
- Hard, Normal, and Soft cooking the eggs as well as poaching and making scrambled eggs is possible
- Easy and safe to use
Elite Gourmet EGC-007G Rapid Egg Cooker is one of the most advanced egg boilers out there. This egg boiler can also poach eggs and make scrambled eggs with the hard, soft, and medium boiling eggs abilities. Is there anything this boiler cannot do?
The boiler is available in six different appearances. One of them is with a steel base, and the other five are with a plastic base. The plastic bases can have a fancy-looking black, lime green, red, teal, or white color. The plastic material at the bottom does not melt during operation and is safe to touch even when boiling the eggs.
The egg boiler has a stainless steel cover, and a cool-touch handle for easy removal even when the eggs are hot. The retail package of the Maxi-Matic EGC-007 contains a base, measuring cups with markings, an egg tray, a poaching tray, and an omelet tray.
You can boil up to 7 eggs at a time using this boiler, and while ordering, you can choose the boiler with an alarm or without an alert. The without alarm option is currently available with a steel base only. When the cooking finishes, the alarm goes off, and the boiler stops providing heat to the eggs.
- Very safe and secure to use
- Many color options are available to choose from
- Allow hard, regular, and soft boiling, poaching, scrambling as well as preparing an omelet
- The buzzer can be annoying as it goes off after the boiler finishes cooking but does not stop automatically
The Maxi-Magic ECG-007 can be a great addition to your kitchen if you are looking for a convenient way to prepare your eggs without much hassle.
VonShef 7-Egg Electric Cooker
The VonShef model is a safe, easy-to-clean egg boiler that you can use every day for cooking eggs and poaching.
- Stainless steel cover for easy cleaning which does not get dirty like transparent covers
- No irritating sound when cooking gets finished only turns itself off
- Quick-cooking as the dome is not too large
- Affordable pricing
The 7-egg electric cooker from Vonshef is turning heads because of its fast cooking times for eggs compared to its competitors. The users like how the stainless steel cover is easier to clean than acrylic or plastic covers.
It works independently on 110-230V power without needing a gas burner or microwave oven. It turns itself off when it detects that the water has evaporated or when a high temperature is reached.
The retail packaging comes with an egg piercing tool for an easy and mess-free piercing of eggs. The packaging also includes accessories for poaching the egg, which is helpful. You can control the hard and soft boiling of the eggs by changing the amount of water you put in while preparing for boiling. The measurements are easy to do with the included water measure.
- You can cook eggs fast
- Simple design with stainless steel cover
- Easy to clean and does not create a lot of mess
- Includes accessories for poaching and water measurements
- You cannot shut down till the water evaporates entirely or the temperature is too high.
- The included instructions are not helpful; some users have reported that you will have to make a lot of trial and error for the best results.
The 7-egg electric cooker from Vonshef is a no-nonsense egg boiler that can quickly boil seven eggs at a time. If you are looking for an egg boiler that does not create a lot of mess and does its job, go for it.
Egglettes Egg Cooker
If you are looking for soft and hard egg boiler containers to put in any cooking pans or cookers for quick cooking without the eggshell, you can go for these.
- Package of four containers to cook eggs
- Easy to use
- This egg boiler can be used in any pot of boiling water
- Dishwasher safe plastic containers
The four-pack containers for cooking the eggs are helpful when you need to hard or soft boil the eggs without removing the shells later. The containers are made from food-grade plastic that can withstand the high temperatures it has to face without leaching any harmful chemicals.
The egg boiler is effortless to operate. Just break an egg and put the egg white and the yolk in one of the four containers. Put the container’s lid on and place these containers in boiling water for around 18 minutes. After the cooking is complete, you can take the boiled eggs out.
- Affordable and effortless use
- Simple design that can cook six eggs at a time
- You don’t have to peel the eggs after boiling them
- Easy to carry with you anywhere, like camping
- Difficult to clean
- Rely on other electronic heaters or gas stoves and a pan of boiling water for cooking the eggs
- I can’t poach the eggs nor make omelettes
- It does not include instructions
- Can not be used in a microwave
An excellent buy for someone looking to get rid of the peeling after cooking; nothing else is too special about this egg boiler.
Dash DEC012BK Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker
This beautiful egg cooker can cook 12 eggs at once and be a great addition to your modern kitchen.
- Up to 12-egg capacity at a time
- Beautiful design, available in four different colors
- Powerful boiler with 500W rating
- Dual-layer design that allows to steam vegetables also
The Dash DEC012BK Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker looks like a fantastic deal for users with a modern kitchen. It somehow ticks all the right boxes and suits a medium or a large family because of its ability to cook a dozen eggs at once.
It just looks so beautiful! The transparent top cover allows you to see the food you are cooking without removing the cover. The 500 W power consumption means that the food will be ready quickly for sure. It only gets better and better as we learn about what things it can do!
You can use this egg boiler to hard-boil as well as soft-boil eggs. You can also use it to poach the eggs or make an omelet. You can steam vegetables inside it too! The double-layer design is still compact enough to allow quick heating and not waste much energy.
The cooker has an auto shut down feature. It also comes with the right accessories for measuring water, poaching eggs, preparing an omelet, and steaming the vegetables.
- Large capacity with 12 eggs at once
- This cooker can cook veggies as well
- Powerful and fast
- Poaching, Boiling, Steaming, Making omelets everything is possible
- The poaching experience of many users is not that good
- The included instructions and real cooking experiences have seemed to differ
I recommend everyone to buy this product if you feel that it meets your needs.
Comcl Rapid Egg Cooker
If you want a container for cooking an egg that can hold jumbo eggs without much trouble, go for these!
- BPA Free plastics used for construction
- Durable and can withstand high temperature
- Compatible with the washing in most regular dishwashers
- Perfect dimensions for all normal to large-sized eggs
This six-pack set of egg containers that you can use for boiling eggs is made from high-quality BPA-free high-temperature resistant plastics. The containers have very smart sizes to be used for cooking some large eggs too.
Although everyone does not love the cleaning process after using these egg boilers, you can use them in any kitchen vessel with boiling water to cook the eggs. These do not provide the convenience of making omelets but are very cost-effective if you are only looking for a solution to boil the eggs. You can poach eggs in these for sure.
One significant advantage these boilers have over traditional boiling water in a pan-based boiling method is that you do not have to remove the eggshells after the boiling process. You break the shells first and empty the egg content into the containers, putting them in boiling water for some time to get them cooked!
- It can fit large-sized eggs as well
- Durable and heat resistant material used for construction
- Dishwasher friendly
- Easy to use and compatible with most cooking vessels, you can heat this in
- You can use it for poaching eggs
- Creates more mess than automatic egg boilers
- Washing and cleaning the containers is a lot of trouble
- Time-consuming to boil the eggs
These are not the best egg boiling solutions available right now, but they still get the job done way better than traditional methods. Go for it if you want a simple yet effective egg boiler.
LI&HI Easy Eggwich Microwave Egg Cooker
The first microwave egg boiler on this list and undoubtedly one of the best of its kind!
- Microwave egg boiler
- Dishwasher safe
- Durable material
- Non-stick, BPA free
LI&HI Easy Eggwich Microwave Egg Cooker is the first egg boiler on this list that you can use in the microwave. It is one of the best of its kind too! The container is made from BPA-free and microwave-safe material, easy to clean and handle. It is dishwasher-safe for added comfort!
Many customers preferred this bestseller for its ability to make breakfast sandwich eggs in the microwave in just 1-minute! Crazy, right? Microwaves are best known for their quick heating capacities, and this egg boiler makes full use of it.
It can boil one egg at a time, and comes in a set of two.
- Easy to adjust and use in a microwave
- Can cook meat at the same time
- Healthier Option with No Butter or Oil Needed
- Needs extra care while handling
This microwave-ready egg boiler is a must-have for anyone looking to cook eggs in less time without any hassle.
SIMPLETASTE Egg Cooker
The SIMPLETASTE Egg Cooker is available in 7-egg and 10-egg capacities and looks very pleasant. It is lightweight, does not have an annoying alert that doesn’t go off automatically, and is simple to use.
- Accessories included poaching the eggs, piercing the eggs, measuring water
- A must-have for a modern kitchen
- BPA-free plastic body
- Less noise generation when in operation
- Energy efficient
- 7-egg and 10-egg capacities are available
This egg cooker from SIMPLETASTE is another compact-sized and efficient egg boiler available in two sizes. The smaller one can hold up to seven eggs for boiling at once, and the larger one can hold up to ten eggs.
The cooking process is pretty straightforward, and all the necessary tools and information are provided in the retail box itself. Using this boiler, you can soft and hard boil the eggs, poach them, or make omelets.
The on/off button looks and feels nice, and the measuring cup provided works just fine. However, it has an automatic off feature to avoid overcooking the eggs. This egg boiler can be one of the best gift ideas. It is energy efficient and easy to carry anywhere.
- Durable and harmless BPA-free plastic body
- Easy to clean with dishwasher-friendly parts
- Flexible capacity
- Perfect measuring cups in the retail packaging
- Low noise levels and high efficiency
- Some users have noticed water burns due to high temperatures, so proper care must be taken
- Can’t hold large eggs
If you want an egg boiler that looks great and works fine, you can cook 7-10 eggs at once without waiting for a long time to get the eggs boiled; this one is for you.
Chefman Electric Egg Cooker/Boiler
The Chefman Electric Egg Cooker/Boiler does its job well. It can be an attractive proposition for someone looking for an egg boiler that reminds them to take their eggs out on time.
- Faster egg cooking than the stovetop method
- Measuring cup included
- BPA-free transparent lid
- You can steam vegetables in this too
- 360W rating
- Up to 6-egg capacity
- Tray lifting tool for ease of usage
The Chefman Electric Egg Cooker/Boiler is by design for most of us. It has many features to help us be more comfortable and convenient.
Take the example of the high-pitched buzzer that goes off once the boiler has finished its job. Many of us might forget the eggs in the egg boiler pot if it automatically shuts down. This can sometimes ruin your well-cooked eggs. The buzzer helps us remind ourselves to take out the eggs after cooking.
Another example can be the tray lifting rod at the center of the plate. When the eggs cook and are hot, it is difficult to remove them with the base plate. You can’t touch it with bare hands, and the gloves can be slippery. The rod at the center can be used to lift everything without spoiling anything!
The boiler is available in two different colors, red and black. The transparent lid allows us to see if the water has dried out or if our eggs have been cooked. You can prepare boiled, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and egg omelets in this thing!
One major disadvantage of this egg boiler compared to similar ones in the market is that it does not turn off itself. The buzzer goes off, but you have to turn it off manually.
The accessories in the package include a poaching bowl and egg holder, tray lifting tool, measuring cup, and a transparent, ventilated lid. The measuring cup is handy as the amount of water put inside the boiler determines the differences between the soft and hard-boiling of the eggs. If you get that wrong, you might have to eat something different from what you expected!
- The included tray lifting mechanisms make removing the eggs from the boiler very easy
- All the accessories included in the retail packaging are a big bonus
- Cooks eggs relatively faster than stove and pan methods
- Excellent addition to your kitchen for the price
- The lid closing mechanism makes it difficult to remove the lid when the cooking finishes because of the heat
- It does not turn off by itself
- It creates a high-pitched irritating buzz when done
- Cleaning can be a mess sometimes
One of the best egg boilers out there that you can buy right now is if you can live with the high-pitched alert it creates when it finishes cooking the eggs.
The Final Verdict
This final product rounds up our take on the top 10 egg boilers you should buy right now. Not every one of us likes to cook in the same way, and the requirements of each one of us for the egg boiler are the same. So, the best egg boiler will be different for each of us. We did our part to the best we could to make your job easier to choose what’s best in your use case.
Need advise on buying Juicer/Blender combo? We got you covered! Best Juicer Blender Combo – What to look for